Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dirty Tricks in NorCo Council At-Large Race

So I am sitting at home, relaxing after dinner with my wife, when my phone rings.

I look at the Caller-Id before answering.

It reads: "Easton PA, 484-548-6400."

So I answer. I say "Hello." No response. I say "Hello", again. No answer

Then, as I am about to hang up, I hear a voice.

The voice tells me. Do not vote for Peg Ferraro. Peg Ferraro is bad. Peg Ferraro did nothing on her previous term on council. (Note: I am paraphrasing, I did not have time to write it down)

Now I know that Tony Branco is the Democrat running against Republican Peg Ferraro for the Northampton County Council At-Large Seat.

I say to my wife, that is weird, and proceed to explain the call to her. She says that is very weird...considering we live in Lehigh County. (Note: We did live in Northampton County until 2 years ago when we moved to a nice place on the West Side, within walking distance to downtown)

Curious as to the origin of this call, since the voice left no clue as to who was responsible, I google the phone number.

My search reveals that this number has been used in other races. Including a local district justice race and a Bucks County election.

I also found out the number is registered to a ATX Communications.

Calling the number just led to a message saying I reached a disconnected number. I am guessing the number is an outgoing number only.

I hope that Tony Branco is not behind this. I would hope that he is above this. He seems like a nice guy.

Dirty politics is one thing. But anonymous dirty politics has no place in a county council race.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish not approve on it. I think warm-hearted post. Specially the title attracted me to read the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I acquiesce in but I about the post should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

I wish to show my

thanks to you for bailing me

out of this setting. Right after

surfing around throughout the world wide web and meeting solutions which are

not productive, I thought my entire life was gone.[url=http://www.saclongchampmarchfr.com]sac longchamp pas cher[/url] ,Living without the presence of approaches to

the problems you have solved by way of the blog post

is a critical case, and those

which may have negatively damaged my career if I hadn't come across the website. Your ability and

kindness in [url=http://www.saclongchampmarchfr.com]sac longchamp pliage[/url] controlling [url=http://www.saclongchampmarchfr.com]sac longchamp pas cher[/url] a lot of things was important. I don't know what I

would've done if I had not come across such a stuff like this. I can at this point look ahead to my future. Thank you so much for the

reliable and

effective help. I won't think twice to propose your blog to anyone who ought to have counselling on this problem.