Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Boscola v. PPL.

I am admittedly a bad blogger. I go months without updates and really stink at this. I am no Bernie O'Hare...few are.

However, sometimes I get information passed to me, for some reason some Democratic Committee person likes me.

This person sent me an email telling me that Boscola is a hypocrite. Apparently, when she was a State Representative from Bethlehem, the seat currently held by Steve Samuelson, she voted for Bill 1509 back in 1996. Bill 1509 was the bill that allowed for the deregulation of electricity. It has been in the news recently since the rate caps it created are set to expire in 2010 and PPL wants to get a jump start on charging people more later this year.

I am cannot offer confirmation that Boscola voted for the bill. Two sources have told me she did. However, I cannot find her voting record online.

While I agree with Boscola and think the rate caps should be extended, I believe Boscola should have thought about the impact on her constituents back in 1996. Now she is being trumpeted as a saint who is standing up to a big bad corporation and will be re-elected in a landslide in a few years. The truth is that she is really an opportunistic hypocrite who takes opposing sides of the same issue when it is convenient for her. Boscola helped cause this problem, now she wants to offer solutions to it, sounds hypocritical to me.

(Next time I will explore PPL's PAC's contributions to local politicians....Boscola is on that list!)

1 comment:

Bernie O'Hare said...

Wow! I'll look into that, too.